Have Some Stuff To Share!

It's my birthday today so I have a special treat.... one of my complete f*ck-ups (pardon my French)! It's not even visible what I was hoping to make! Let me try to explain! I wanted to make a costume inspired on this:

That's the famous Mata Hari costume Dorris Day was wearing in the movie Glassbottom Boat:


So I wanted a skirt that is tight at the hips and flares out towards the bottom. At the top it should have been wrinkly and another fabric should have been incorporated, but it ended up a bit different....


Hahahaha, lucky this was just the beginning stage. I figured out I chose the wrong colors! Wrong fabrics! And what on earth was I thinking with that chiffon? I was so stupid to cut it in a triangle and put beading at the edge. Totally useless...

You want to see more? Here it is:


The chiffon piece with beads I just pinned on, so it's not attached, but it was easy to see there was not enough fabric (there would be if I loose weight) to even fit it on! And if it did fit, it would still look miles away from what I was planning. Of course it was not supposed to look like a hipscarf! I am deeply shamed!

So this project went into my Ugly Costume Basket! Yes I have one... One day I will get the fabric out and make something else out of it. I think I will not try to make Doris' costume ever, too complicated! Maybe Bella can make it for me if I have the money LOL.

Now I am retreating in shame and let my readers have a giggle :)

Read Users' Comments (4)

4 Response to "Have Some Stuff To Share!"

  1. Nati alfaya, on January 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM said:

    well...all I have to say is....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! \o/ enjoy your day/night!!
    kisses from Brasil!!

  2. Unknown, on January 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM said:

    Happy Birthday! I love your blogs, always makes me smile.

    Hope you will enjoy your birthday :)

  3. Amulya, on February 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM said:

    Thanks!

  4. nazani, on May 24, 2011 at 8:12 AM said:

    Road to Morocco had some fabulous costumes, too.