When You Think...

You have seen it all, weirder stuff comes up! This 'vulva necklace' was tagged 'belly dance' and as 'belly dance necklace':

"She'll put a shimmy in your step and a sparkle in your eye.

Inspired by all of the amazing costumes from my belly dancing classes, I present to you, Beledi! Hand-sculpted in shimmering lovely lilac imprinted with a paisley patten and accented with light green inner labia, adorned with piercings, she is the perfect statement piece for your feminist friend who loves to belly dance or for the fabulous and fashion-forward lady in your life."

It's good my teachers didn't tell me that belly dancers wear these vulva necklaces, that might have scared me off belly dance forever LOL.



Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "When You Think..."

  1. Editor001, on November 13, 2011 at 4:57 PM said:

    Ha ha, OK So perhaps I shouldn't be admitting out loud that I actually, as an artist, and a sculpture. Really like it. (Is that wrong?)

    It is however a strange gift for a Belly Dancer, perhaps the artist intended it to be a symbol of empowerment? I can never truly say.

    Than again, perhaps it is a token best for a Doula, Mid Wife, OBGYN. Perhaps not so much the Middle Eastern dancer. Giggle.

    :}

  2. Amulya, on November 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM said:

    LOL! Apparently this seller sells heaps of these, but yes you're right: more appropriate for a midwife etc.